in a comment over @the one’s blog, saige pointed this out:
“Just under two years ago, my wife and I adopted a little girl. 3 days ago, we adopted her biological sibling.”
if anybody had any doubts at all about steve sailer’s idea that it’s whites vs. whites in a moral status game (ironically and amusingly using other peoples as pawns), just read some of the props that this guy and his (presumably also white) wife are getting:
– “Bravo! You and your wife are true heroes. And your children are beautiful.”
– “This is the way to have kids. Take care of someone who is not taken care of already. + millions of points for doing the right thing!”
– “Adopting a child noteworthy, adopting her siblings, priceless.”
– “You are a hero. More people should do this.”
– “*stands and claps*”
– “You, sir, are truly something special. Your wife too. Congratulations!”
– “You are an amazing human being. This exemplifies everything someone should strive to be. Thank you for making a difference, good sir. <3", etc., etc.
how can i be so heartless and uncaring about such a heart-warming story, you ask? ’cause i’m heartless and uncaring, remember?! (~_^)
(note: comments do not require an email. swpl – diversity!)
Men With Macho Faces Attractive to Fertile Women, Researchers Find – “Meanwhile, a man’s intelligence has no effect on the extent to which fertile, female partners fantasize about others, the researchers found. They say the lack of an observed ‘fertility effect’ related to intelligence is puzzling.” [sorry, geeks!]
The Kingdom in the Closet – لا تسأل ، لا تخبر also: Paedophilia ‘culturally accepted in south Afghanistan’
The Mathematics Of Beauty – “The more men as a group disagree about a woman’s looks, the more they end up liking her.”
Lice DNA Study Shows Humans First Wore Clothes 170,000 Years Ago – ewwww!
Scent of a Woman’s Tears Lowers Men’s Desire – *sniff*
No love for outsiders – oxytocin boosts favouritism towards our own ethnic or cultural group – “Carsten de Dreu from the University of Amsterdam has found that sniffs of oxytocin make us more biased towards peers from our own ethnic or cultural group, versus those from other groups.” also Depth of the Kindness Hormone Appears to Know Some Bounds from nicholas wade @the nyt.
Born This Way – funny gay blog. (^_^)
Taking the moral high ground: People are more generous ‘when positioned physically higher than others’
Slipping the ‘Cognitive Straitjacket’ of Psychiatric Diagnosis – “Psychiatry’s diagnostic bible [the DSM] meets the awkward facts of genetics”
God’s little rabbits: Religious people out-reproduce secular ones by a landslide also Predisposition for Religion Can Spread Quickly
(note: comments do not require an email.)