“- Fighting broke out in the dock as two other defendants were cleared
– Seven men found guilty of catalogue of offences involving underage girl
– Verdicts delivered at Old Bailey at the end of a five month trial
– The seven men have been remanded in custody for sentencing next month
– Girls were so young ‘they had just stopped believing in the Easter bunny when they were corrupted’
– Police identified as many as 22 girls who were ‘groomed, corrupted, brainwashed and abused and then sold for sex and worse’
– Two of the three care homes where victims of the Oxford sex ring lived have been closed down but only one member of staff was sacked
“Police and social workers apologised today for not protecting vulnerable schoolgirls who were sexually abused and exploited by a paedophile ring….”
“The admissions of failure which saw the girls being drugged and raped when they were supposed to be in the care of the authorities came as seven men were found guilty of a catalogue of offences including rape, trafficking and organising prostitution over eight years involving girls as young as 11 in the Oxford area.
“In dramatic scenes, fighting broke out in the dock at the Old Bailey as two other defendants were cleared.
“Two sets of brothers, Akhtar Dogar, 32, and Anjum Dogar, 31, and Mohammed Karrar, 38, and Bassam Karrar, 33, were convicted along with Kamar Jamil, 27, Assad Hussain, 32, and Zeeshan Ahmed, 27….”
i wonder if there are any cousins in there, too?
“The girls targeted by the Oxford sex ring were so young ‘they had just stopped believing in the Easter bunny’ when they were ‘corrupted entirely’ by the extreme abuse, the retired lead detective said.
“He said that the seven predators who ran the organised child sex ring ‘identified the most vulnerable girls in our society and corrupted them entirely’.
“Simon Morton, who was then an acting Detective Chief Inspector, said he identified as many as 22 girls who were ‘groomed, corrupted, brainwashed and abused and then sold for sex and worse’ by the gang for ‘the best part of a decade.’
“However, the girls suffered from ‘Stockholm Syndrome’, gaining a bizarre trust in their captors, until his investigation was able to win them over and allow the girls to break their silence….
“The trial followed the jailing last year of Asian men in Rochdale for abusing vulnerable girls, another case where chances to stop the gang were missed….
“Police have arrested a further nine men from the Oxford area under Operation Bullfinch….”
and, jesus h. christ, the bbc’s got a lot of f—ing nerve!!: “Oxford child rape trial: Why was it not stopped sooner?”
previously: operation bullfinch
(note: comments do not require an email.)