so, this weekend the mencken club is discussing what ought to be in the conservative canon. i’m not there (alas, alack), but here’s my list of essential conservative reading:
– On the origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life – charles darwin (wouldn’t hurt to read some or all of his other books as well).
– The Selfish Gene – richard dawkins. (just ignore the politically correct bits.)
– edit: Sociobiology: The New Synthesis – e.o. wilson.
– edit: The Blank Slate – The Modern Denial of Human Nature – steven pinker.
– The 10,000 Year Explosion: How Civilzation Accelerated Human Evolution – greg cochran and henry harpending.
– read and learn all the biology you possibly can. this goes for chemistry and physics, too. edit: and history, too!
– learn as much maths as you can stand, and them some.
– read steve sailer every day. ok, ok — a couple of times every day.
– read all of sam francis.
– read all of pat buchanan.
– read all of jared taylor.
then i think you’ll be in pretty good shape. (^_^)
(note: comments do not require an email. that’s me all right!)